BeMicro CV A9
BeMicro CV A9 (Cyclone V) FPGA Evaluation Kit
The BeMicro CV A9 is an enhanced BeMicro CV development board that utilizes Altera’s 28-nm low-cost Cyclone V FPGA. It retains all the main features of the original BeMicro CV predecessor while providing a higher logic density and additional features. The 5CEFA9F23C8N on the BeMicro CV A9 includes a hardened memory controller (HMC) connected to a single 16-bit wide, 1Gb DDR3 SDRAM device. FPGA user I/O are routed to the two 40-pin I/O headers and 80-pin MEC-style edge connector. The BeMicro CV A9 also includes an on board USB Blaster programmer, Micro-SD card slot, and a 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY.
The BeMicro CV A9 board features the following major component blocks:
- Cyclone V E FPGA (5CEFA9F23C8N) in a 484-pin FineLine BGA (FBGA)
- 113,560 adaptive logic modules (ALMs) equivalent to 301,000 LEs
- 12,200 Kbit (Kb) M10K and 1,717 Kb MLAB memory
- 8 fractional phase locked loops (PLLs)
- 684 18 x 18-bit multipliers
- 2 Hard Memory Controllers
- up to 480 general purpose input/output (GPIO)
- 1.1 V core voltage
- FPGA configuration circuitry
- 256Mb QSPI Active Serial (AS) x4 configuration
- Embedded USB-BlasterTM II for use with the Quartus® II Programmer
- Separate JTAG configuration header
- High Speed Networking
- Gigabit Ethernet PHY (Micrel KSZ9021)
- RJ-45 Ethernet connector
- Clocking circuitry
- 50 MHz 1.8V oscillator
- 24 MHz 2.5V/3.3V oscillator
- 1Gbit DDR3 SDRAM (64M x 16)
- 1Kbit (128 x 8) two-wire Serial EEPROM
- Micro-SD card slot
- General user input / output
- 8 user LEDs
- 2 user pushbuttons
- 4 user DIP switches
- 2 Terasic 40 pin prototyping headers (45 user I/O)
- BeMicro SDK 80-pin MEC card edge connector (57 user I/O)
- Power via external 5V supply, or via USB for limited functions (without ethernet)
It is recommended to add an heatsink of 23x23mm due to heat generated by FPGA.
Part Number for MEC connector: MEC6-140-02-L-D-RA1 (horizontal)
- BeMicro CV A9 Hardware Reference Guide (.pdf)
- BeMicro CV A9 Board Schematic (.pdf)
- BeMicro CV A9 Bill of Materials (.zip)
- BeMicro CV A9 System Example with NIOS II, DDR3, LED, PUSHBUTTONS, SWITCH (.zip)
- DDR3 Example Qsys Hardware Design (.qar)
- Nios II Processor Booting From Serial Flash (.zip)
- - Follows Altera App Note 736. See readme.txt in project directory for more details.
This alterawiki page is for general information, example designs, and literature for the BeMicro CV A9 kit.
If you require technical support or have a design request for this or any other BeMicro board, please e-mail email@example.com.
Any other discussions, suggestions, or questions should be posted on alteraforum.com with "BeMicro CV A9" in the subject line.
Any other additions to this page will be deleted.